1. The User's Information collected by POLYGLOTS
For purposes of the Policy, "User's Information" means information that includes personal information for identification of the Registered User as well as history of usages of the Service (the "Usage History") and other information created or accumulated in a Registered User's devices, such as a smart phone or a personal computer, in relation to the said Registered User or his/her devices, which POLYGLOTS shall collect pursuant to the Policy. POLYGLOTS collects the following User's Information in its providing the Service:
(1) Information provided to POLYGLOTS by the Registered User for using the Service
POLYGLOTS collects name and an e-mail address of the Registered User and any other information that the Registered User enters in a user information registration screen that POLYGLOTS provides for user registration.
(2) Information provided from Third Party Services by the Registered User's approval for such provision in using the Service
In the event that the Registered User provided POLYGLOTS in using the Service with any information such as identification data available for any other services provided by third parties, such as Facebook or Twitter, POLYGLOTS collects any information such as identification data that the Registered User uses in the Third Party Service and any other information that the Registered User authorizes the Third Party Service to provide POLYGLOTS with in his/her privacy setting in that Third Party Service.
(3) Information that POLYGLOTS collects in using the Service by the Registered User
POLYGLOTS collects the Usage History concerning the Registered User, such as access status and how to use the Service. Such information includes any information regarding devices used by the Registered User, log information concerning the use of the Service by the Registered User, cookies and anonymous ID and location information of the Registered User. When the Registered User uses paid service of the Service, any information provided as a payment method, such as credit card information, is provided only to proprietors whom POLYGLOTS entrusts with payment processing service, and the said proprietors process the payment by receiving and maintaining such information together with credibility information concerning the said Registered User. Those proprietors will not provide or forward any personal information concerning to payment methods of the said Registered User to POLYGLOTS; POLYGLOTS does not keep or maintain any such personal information, but collects only the information whether the Registered User has paid for the paid service or not.
2. Purpose of use of the collected User's Information
1. POLYGLOTS uses the collected User's Information for the following purposes. POLYGLOTS shall not use the information beyond the scope of the following purposes without the consent of the Registered User who provided the information to POLYGLOTS:
- to provide the Registered User with the Service, such as authentication of the Registered User of the Service and calculation of usage fee;
- to respond to any opinions and inquiries from the Registered User;
- to deal with any actions by the Registered User that breach the Terms, individual terms or any other rules of the Service (the "Terms and others");
- to inform the Registered User of change of the Terms and others for the Service;
- to carry out questionnaire surveys to reflect any opinions of the Registered Users in various services by POLYGLOTS and additional new functions to the Service;
- to provide any information that POLYGLOTS thinks valuable to the Registered User; and
- to prepare statistical data utilized by POLYGLOTS.
Based on the collected User's Information, POLYGLOTS creates aggregated and analyzed statistical data and attribute information from the Usage History of the Registered User (including but not limited to page views and clicks of delivered articles) and registered information of the Registered User as being transformed into unidentifiable data. POLYGLOTS reviews and utilizes those Usage History, statistical data and attribute information to the extent of being necessary for its operation of the Service.
2. If POLYGLOTS collects the User's Information to use other than the above purposes, POLYGLOTS informs the purpose of collection to the Registered User upon collection.
3. Disclosure to third parties of collected User's Information
1. POLYGLOTS may disclose the Usage History of the Service by the Registered User in the Service and the Third Party Service pursuant to the settings by the Registered User upon his/her registration of using the Service or in the Third Party Service pursuant to its rules.
2. POLYGLOTS may provide any third parties with the Usage History of the Service by the Registered User to the extent necessary to deliver appropriate advertisements to the Registered User. The third parties, however, shall not acquire any personal information of the Registered User.
3. Except in the case specified in the above, POLYGLOTS will not provide any third parties with the User's Information including the personal information of the Registered User collected by POLYGLOTS in principle, unless POLYGLOTS obtains the said Registered User's consent to a specified third party and specified contents of the information to be provided; provided, however, that POLYGLOTS may provide a third party with the User's Information including the personal information of the Registered User without consent of the said Registered User in the following cases to the extent permitted by laws and regulations:
- when it is necessary for protection of the life, body or properties of the Registered User, but difficult to obtain consent from the said Registered User;
- when it is especially necessary for improving public health or promoting the sound growth of children, but difficult to obtain consent from the said Registered User;
- when POLYGLOTS is required to cooperate with government institutions, local governments, or their agents to perform their duties or obligations pursuant to laws and regulations, and such performance is likely to be precluded by seeking consent of the said Registered User;
- when POLYGLOTS is required to disclose the personal information of the Registered User from a bar association, a consumer affairs bureau or any other organization having almost the same authorities of those;
- when POLYGLOTS is entitled to disclose or provide information pursuant to laws and regulations;
- when POLYGLOTS entrusts its service handling the personal information in whole or in part to a third party to the extent necessary to accomplish the purpose of the use; or
- when the personal information is provided through a business transfer by way of merger or other similar transactions and the information will be used for the same purpose of the use as before.
4. Disclosure of Personal Information
Upon request from the Registered User to disclose its personal information under the Personal Information Protection Act, POLYGLOTS shall, without delay, disclose to the Registered User such information after confirming the requester's identity (or notify the requester of the non-existence of such personal information), to the extent required to do so pursuant to the Personal Information Protection Act and other applicable laws and regulations.
5. Cease of use and Correction of the Personal Information etc.
1. The Registered User can request POLYGLOTS to cease its use of the User's Information in whole or in part by doing a predetermined setting upon the use of the Service. In response to such a request, POLYGLOTS will promptly cease its use of the information by following to its predetermined procedure. In case of being requested by the Registered User to cease the use of the User's Information that the collection or the use of such information is indispensable for its providing the Service to the said Registered User, POLYGLOTS ceases collection of such User's Information only if and after the said Registered User has withdrawn from the Service by its predetermined procedure.
2. If POLYGLOTS is required by a Registered User to (1) correct the contents of personal information under the provisions of the Personal Information Protection Act by reason of such information being false, and (2) cease use of personal information under the provisions of the Personal Information Protection Act by reason of such information being handled beyond the scope of the purpose of the use previously made public, or having been collected by a fraudulent or otherwise wrongful means, then POLYGLOTS shall, without delay, conduct necessary investigations after confirming the requester's identity. Based upon the results of such investigations, POLYGLOTS shall correct the contents or cease the use of such personal information and notify the said Registered User to that effect. POLYGLOTS shall notify the said Registered User of any determination, if applicable, not to correct or cease the use of such information, together with any justifications for such determination.
3. In the event that POLYGLOTS is required by a Registered User to delete his/her personal information and POLYGLOTS has determined that it is necessary to accept such a request, POLYGLOTS shall delete such personal information after confirming the requester's identity and notify the said Registered User to that effect.
4. Should POLYGLOTS not be obligated to cease use of, or correct the information pursuant to the Personal Information Protection Act and other applicable laws and regulations, the preceding two paragraphs shall not apply.
6. Change of the Policy
POLYGLOTS shall from time to time review how the User's Information is being handled, and use its best efforts to continuously improve the operation, and make such changes or modifications to the Policy without notice as may be necessary other than due to revisions of applicable laws and regulations or to protect personal information. When POLYGLOTS has changed or modified any provisions of the Policy, POLYGLOTS will inform the Registered User of the Service of such changes by sending a notice displaying a link to its website where the changed contents are posted. If the Registered User of the Service uses the Service or fails to take steps to cancel his/her registration within the time specified by POLYGLOTS after receiving the above notice of change of the Policy, the Registered User shall be deemed to have agreed to all the provisions set forth in the Policy after such changes. Any changes or modifications that the consent from the Registered User are required pursuant to applicable laws and regulations, such as changes regarding the purpose of use of the personal information or disclosure of the same to third parties, POLYGLOTS shall obtain the consent from the Registered User subject to the procedures as POLYGLOTS separately establishes.
7. Contact Information
Any suggestions, questions, complaints, or other inquiries on the handling of the User's Information must be submitted to:
Please address to a personal information custodian.
Prescribed on 28 May, 2015